Yay! It’s baking season! Nothing makes me happier than the aroma of cinnamon and rosemary filling my house on a chilly day. Emma is my baking sidekick, and we enjoy picking out the perfect ingredients, the mess in the process, and the smile on peoples’ faces when we share our yummy pies. One of my lovely clients sent us a box of juicy pears from Harry & David, and we threw together a rosemary pear galette. It was SO yummy that I just needed to share it with all of you!
What you’ll need
5 pears of your choice, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sugar in the Raw to sprinkle on the crust for an extra crunch
cinnamon sticks and sprigs of rosemary for garnish
Pillsbury pie crust (or homemade if you have time)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Gently mix your chopped pears, brown sugar, flour, corn starch, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and stir until it begins to brown. Add the chopped rosemary and vanilla extract. Remove from heat and pour over your pears.
4. Lay out your pie crust, and pour pear mixture into the center. Gently spread the mixture and fold the edges of the dough over the pears to create an open faced pie.
5. Brush egg onto the dough and sprinkle with raw sugar.
6. Place pie in oven on 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350, and bake for 30 more minutes until crust is golden brown and the pears are bubbly.
7. Let it cool and garnish with cinnamon sticks and rosemary. This galette is perfect for holiday get-togethers. Yum!